2014年2月26日 星期三

Letter from Dino – Visiting Jurassic Garage


I went to Jurassic Garage (JG) to see reptiles.
chitchat-issue-12-Jurassic-Garage-01 chitchat-issue-12-Jurassic-Garage-06 chitchat-issue-12-Jurassic-Garage-05 chitchat-issue-12-Jurassic-Garage-04 chitchat-issue-12-Jurassic-Garage-03 chitchat-issue-12-Jurassic-Garage-02
When I arrived, I was very excited. The show started and the first animals that we saw were the tarantulas. At first I was scared, but the other kids loved it, so I tried to hold a tarantula in the palm of my hand. I found out that tarantulas’ legs tickle. The second group of animals were snakes. They are my favorite animals, but I had never touched them before, so I was both excited and nervous to see them. When I touched one, I was shocked at how friendly the snake was. It was amazing; I saw a few different types of snakes but forgot the names already. One thing I know however, is “SNAKES ARE AMAZING”. The third set of animals were tortoises. I fed them with lettuce. They were slow eaters, so I needed to be patient with them. It is because they enjoy eating slowly. And then the JG staff took a bunny to help finish the lettuce. The fourth types of animals were new born rat snakes; they were so cute. It surprised me that the length of the snakes is just as long as the span of my hand. They laid on my two palms comfortably. The fifth animal wasn’t friendly, it was the alligator snapping turtle. The staff explained its living habitat. They could stay in one place for long time, they will open their mouth and they have a tricky lure like line in their mouth that looks like a worm to attract fish. When a fish comes too close, the turtle can easily snap it. I have seen many animals, but my favorite one is taking pictures with a Burmese python. .It was such a big snake, it was 3 meters long.
When the show was over, I wanted to keep a snake. In my entire life I have been asking my parents to buy me a snake for a pet, but they just say “NO NO no no no no no no……” I wish they will change their minds someday.
Do you have something to share?
If you are a student and are interested to get involved with our Chit Chat magazine, Please email us an introduction to yourself including photo, your interests, what you would like to write about (photography ,writing , comic art , etc)  and your age , and send this to our Chit Chat team Via kidzbizz@chitchat.hk

沒有留言:

張貼留言